Due March 7, 2012
a GIRL!!

June 6, 2008

Appreciated


In my job, I oversee over 65 contractors. I make sure they get paid correctly and on time, and also answer any HR questions that they may have. There are some contractors that I only talk to if there is an issue (i.e. their timecard is late or written incorrectly)but then there are others that I consider my friends. There is one contractor that has worked here under a few different assignments. She is such a sweetheart and is hilarious to talk to. I bring her paycheck to her every Thursday. Sometimes, though, I do not have time to take it to her. Today was one of those days. I told her I was going to lunch at 11:30 and would leave her paycheck in a certain spot. When I returned from lunch, roses and some candy were sitting on my chair. There wasn't a note, but I asked Kellie if it was her who brouhgt those to me. She said she did. She also said "Thank you for all that you do. You are a complete asset to this organization and I'm so happy to have met you." It is sure nice to be appreciated by contractors (simply because I have never gotten any presents from the contractors). Today is a good day.

1 comment:

LJ, DC and ML said...

hello hello my bootie shaking husband's cousin! hehe.
We'll have to add you to our little blogy list! Sounds like you had a wonderful day!
LOVE, lj.