Due March 7, 2012
a GIRL!!

June 11, 2012

Naps

Adeline is a decent napper.. when you are holding her, when she is driven around in her car seat, or when she is in the swing. She does go to sleep okay in the crib or rock n play (at gma Keller's house), but she does not sleep longer than 30 minutes or so. Today, while at my parent's house, she cried for 15 minutes (with calm moments when I came in to pat her stomach and soothe her with my voice) until she finally fell asleep for 45 minutes. When she woke up 45 minutes later, I knew she was still tired. I rocked her to sleep in my arms, in which she fell asleep within 30 seconds. Once I set her down in the rock n play, however, she woke right up and started crying again. What was to be done? After 10 more minutes of her not going to sleep, I decided to try swaddling her. When she was first born, the hospital swaddled her oh-so-tightly. She did well at the hospital with sleep. Once we got her home, she seemed to strongly dislike the swaddle. No matter how tightly we swaddled her, she always worked her arm up out of it. She was like a mini Houdini! She also would cry and cry until we took her out of it. She always has loved sleeping with her arms in a "surrender" position next to her head. So today, I decided to swaddle her, just to see what happened. Instantly, Addy quieted down. After setting her in the pack n play, she stared off into space for about 2 minutes before she fell fast asleep. We are one hour in and she is still sleeping soundly! Could this be the new "norm" for her naps? Whatever works!

post signature

No comments: