Due March 7, 2012
a GIRL!!

November 23, 2008

RIP Bertoli


Today is a sad day for Nick, Chloe, and I. We had to put down Bertoli. On Friday, I took him to the vet to see what was wrong and I why he wasn't walking. It turns out that he had low bone density.. his pelvis was one third the normal size. Also, he had a slipped disk, most likely from play fighting with Chloe. Finally, he had a bad respiratory/sinus infection. The doctor put him on antibiotics and said that if he doesnt get better in a few months, he would never walk again. Yesterday, Chloe and Bert were messing around and he somehow got really hurt. We tried to pick him up but he let out the most painful yell I've ever heard him do. Today, he was having difficulty breathing and he couldnt move his lower body, so we made the decision to take him to the humane society today and put him down. It was painful to leave him there and I swear that he had tears in his eyes too. It's for the best and it would have been selfish to keep him alive and in pain simply because I loved cuddling with him. The positive side of this all is we still have Chloe. I wonder how long it will take her to realize that he is no longer around. :(



post signature

1 comment:

LJ, DC and ML said...

Oh poor Bertoli!!! I've been mia from the blog world, but Rach gave us the update on Thanksgiving. Poor little guy, he was lucky to have such a nice mommy while he was around. How's Cloe??