Due March 7, 2012
a GIRL!!

December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving weekend!

What an exciting Thanksgiving weekend!!It started out with having Thanksgiving dinner (at 2) with Nick's family. Betsy and Bob made a fantastic Turkey dinner. I was able to use my kitchen-aid mixer for the first time ever to whip up some mashed potatoes. That mixer is AMAZING! After stuffing myself fully, I had to go back to the house to take a nap. That night, I drove down the hill to sleep at my parents house because Rachel and I were going to attempt BLACK FRIDAY!At 4:20 AM, Rachel and I were awake and ready to set off for our long day! We were outside of Walmart about 4:50 and decided to wait in the parking lot til we could at least see the end of the line. When we finally got in about 5:10, we ran straight for the toys. After fighting the crowds, we did not find much. All I bought was a $2 DVD! We then headed to Target to stand in line for the 6 AM opening. We were able to find a couple of things in there, then it was off to Stanford mall. We stayed there for 2 hours before we headed to Costco!! I bought one of Nick's presents there (which he's already found and looked at.. and loves!. Then we headed over to Toys R Us!! That was where the rush was. We stood in line for an hour to buy one item. Rachel and I were so tired that when something funny happened in front of us, we had unstoppable giggles! From there, we went to Marshall's, then it was back home to decorate the tree!! That was such a fun day that by the time I got home at 6, I wanted to pass out... but ended up going to a movie with Nick! :)On Saturday, we took Chloe to the vet for her shots... and ended up having to pay for all different stuff that cost us $270!! Animals sure are expensive. That night, Nick and I went to "Plaid Christmas" with my family. That was a great way to start off the Christmas season! Yesterday, Nick and I started building our coffee table for our living room. I love doing projects together. Overall, this was a great weekend, but I'm looking forward to the rest of the holiday season!! (as I am sitting here drinking my gingerbread latte)

post signature

2 comments:

Julie said...

You two must have been SOOOO tired after all that shopping! I love shopping like that w/ Debbie and Lizzy. Thanks for sharing your Christmas shopping spree!

Derek and Ang said...

Ok, where in the world did you hear the donkey song? I heard it for the first time out here and thought it was just classic Rhode Island! I love that you have it on your blog! Haha!