Due March 7, 2012
a GIRL!!

May 25, 2010

The devil which is named STATISTICS

For the past 5 weeks of school, my class has been Research and Statistics. It's not bad enough that I have an extremely hard time understanding all the equations (remembering them or understanding how to do them), I also have had a professor that is no more than a robot. I say this because there is no teaching involved. Throughout my online school career, I have never once had to be in a physical classroom, but yet I have had teachers post weekly informational "lectures", provide responses to the discussion questions that request for you to think more deeply, and correct essays with advice of where you can improve. This professor's only responses to the discussion questions to everyone are 1) "You need to cite your sources" or 2) "Please provide more information". As for the assignments, all I get is a low score and the comment of "please refer to the syllabus for reason of this grade". The reason this response is so frustrating is because I did everything that was requested on the syllabus. Finally, I have had to do group assignments with classmates who are just as lost as I am! After countless nights of staying up until midnight, hoping the professor will answer our questions we asked 3 days prior, we all surrender to turn in a less than satisfactory essay or presentation. I am glad the 5 weeks with that professor are over. He really reiterated the fact that you can't always learn something you're not interested in by reading alone. I have to take another 5 weeks of Statistics that will add on to the previous class, but it looks like this professor is here to help us all out. I am crossing fingers that I will get some sleep over the next 5 weeks.

post signature

No comments: