Due March 7, 2012
a GIRL!!

May 14, 2010

Boot Camp

For the past 4 weeks, I have been doing boot camp on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday morning at 6:30-7:30 AM. It is held in the San Mateo Central Park. The original idea came from Sarah who said that we should do boot camp to get me in shape for the wedding (since all I was doing was complaining about how out of shape I am but not truly doing much about it). Here is a quick break down of each week:

Week 1 day 1: Wow.. I was so out of shape that I was doing worse than anyone else. Pushups, squats, and running.. oh my!

Week 1 day 2 (Wednesday): This was fitness training. I did a 10:04 minute mile, 24 pushups in one minute, 54 crunches in one minute, and a 1:05 minute wall sit.

As the next 3 weeks went on, we did loads of ladder exercises, jump rope, squats, running around the park, bleachers, etc. The first two weeks were tough, but on week 3, I was looking forward to waking up to go to boot camp!!

At the fitness test on Week 4 day 2 (Wednesday): I did a lot better! I did a 9:40 mile, 36 pushups in a minute, 72 crunches in a minute, and a 1:42 minute wall sit. Much better!!

I must also applaud Nick who came one of the Friday mornings on guest day. After seeing what I had been doing for an hour 3 times a week, he definitely understood why I was always so tired around 7 PM.

Since I had perfect attendance and I turned in a weekly food journal, I was awarded $25 to use towards future classes. Sooo tempting, but I can't afford it at the moment. I have a wedding to buy stuff for!!

post signature

No comments: