Due March 7, 2012
a GIRL!!

October 5, 2011

18 week update

According to Baby Center, "Head to rump, your baby is approximately 5 1/2 inches long (about the length of a bell pepper) and weighs almost 7 ounces. He's busy flexing his arms and legs — movements that you'll start noticing more and more in the weeks ahead." I am starting to gain some concern because I'm not feeling fluttery kicks like I thought I did before. I tried to get an earlier Ultrasound appointment, but the next available appointment (other than my scheduled one on 10/17) is in November. Now for my weekly update outline:
How far along? 18 Weeks
Total weight gain/loss: I have gained a shocking 7 pounds since pre-pregnancy. Of course, I weighed myself right after eating a double-double at In n out. But I am about 2 pounds less than what I should be at.
Maternity clothes? LIVING in maternity clothes. My awesome neighbor lent/gave me some more clothing. I think I should be set until I fit back into my pre-pregnancy clothes.
Stretch marks? No - but I have been rubbing body butter on my belly daily. It feels cool and refreshing on my itchy skin.
Sleep: Sleep is great except for the everlasting cough.
Best moment this week: The rain has arrived. All the overheating I have been dealing with is finally liveable with the cooler weather!
Miss Anything? I am missing the baby flutters I thought I was feeling. I know it's normal for pregnant ladies to worry about the bun in the oven, but I do not like the unknown.
Movement: none that I can recognize.
Food cravings: I have slightly resisted the sourdough bread.. but I have been craving greek yogurt: either lemon or strawberry.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Fish and not eating in enough time. I'll be completely fine then ravenous the next minute.
Have you started to show yet: yes. I still think it looks like a fat belly, but Nick states that it looks rounder than a "fat" belly.. and it's definitely firmer.
Gender: will hopefully know in 12 days.
Labor Signs: No
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy except for my bursts of internal anger (see previous post)
Looking forward to: putting baby Z in the new outfits I ordered from Zulily.com. They are cute fleece outfits with monkeys on them.

That's all folks. Stay tuned for future posts.

post signature

No comments: