Due March 7, 2012
a GIRL!!

April 27, 2012

8 week-doctor's appointment

Today, Adeline went in for her 8 week/2 month checkup. She is now 11 pounds 2.5 oz and 22 inches long. She is in the 65% for weight, 50% for height and 50% of head circumference. The doctor said she is in great shape and is developing wonderfully!He was impressed by her neck strength, especially when I showed him the pictures of her at 4 weeks during tummy time. He said that her slight reflux is something to just wait out on. If she was screaming in pain after each feeding, then he said he would prescribe her some Zantac. He said to stock up on some gripe water and burp rags and let her system develop on its own. So I guess the nights where she is crying out in pain due to gas, I just have to wait it out. The last few nights, she wakes up screeching from gas pain, in which we have to work out. Once we do and she eats, she is happy once again. She has been following the common "witching hour" between 5-8 PM. During this time, she is not her usual smiley self. She tends to break into tears easily and is quickly bored. Lucky for us, she is not screaming non-stop this whole time. At my mommy group each Wednesday, some mothers speak on how their baby is inconsolable for 3+ hours at a time. A few mothers even say their baby is crying 8 hours a day, starting at 3 AM. We are very fortunate to have such a happy baby. I wouldn't say she is "easy", but she is definitely not difficult. I have started giving her a bottle of formula every day. First, it's to get her used to a bottle. Secondly, it is to see which formula works in case my milk dries up or I am not able to produce enough when I go back to work. Ideally, I would like to have her on a mix of formula bottles and pumped milk bottles throughout the day, then full breast feeding at night time when I get home from work. On a personal level, I am down 30 pounds since delivery. Only 13 more to go until pre-pregnancy weight, but ideally, 30 more before I am down to my goal weight/size. How nice it will be to be healthy and fit for my daughter. I did my first baby boot camp class today and LOVED it. I am pretty confident I will be sore tomorrow, but it is good to do other exercise besides just walking.

post signature

No comments: