Due March 7, 2012
a GIRL!!

October 27, 2008

3 day weekend

This weekend was a 3 day weekend for Nick and I. We both took Friday off because we were planning on going to Calistoga on Friday night then drive to Jenner to stay over there Saturday night (Saturday night was Nick's birthday present from me). As it turned out, we did not go to Calistoga on Friday night because those funds went towards the emergency vet appointment for Bertoli. I ended up having a girl's dinner in Palo Alto and Nick went to Pacifica for a friend's birthday to see a band. On Saturday, I woke up really early to do one of my final essays for school. I worked on it from 7 AM until noon. After that, we ventured to bed, bath, and beyond and Costco to do some shopping for house supplies. We finally left for Jenner about 3 PM. We took a few detours (one pretty detour was to Petaluma because I did not know that the golden gate bridge is considered part of 101.. I thought I had missed the exit so I turned off into Petaluma)but finally arrived in Jenner about 6 PM. We watched a beautiful sunset then we had a nice dinner. I ordered lobster for the first time in my life (over rated in my opinion)and Nick had steak. After that, we went for a nice romantic stroll on the beach. It was so dark, though, that we ended up taking careful steps to avoid hurting ourselves. The room was really small but had a cabin style feel to it. Timber Lake Inn was a definite go to again. The next morning, we had breakfast in the same restaurant then started our drive back. It was really nice to get away. I wish we could do it more often.

post signature

No comments: