Due March 7, 2012
a GIRL!!

March 2, 2012

She is here

What an exciting weekend! It started with Thursday night of some El Calderon enchiladas. Then we went on a night time walk with Steve. He was walking so fast, it was hard for me to keep up. Yet they say walking induces labor. That evening, I was experiencing strong contractions, but only strong enough to cause discomfort. I finally fell asleep at midnight. At 3 AM, I woke up with the strongest pain ever. I took two steps out of bed before I felt a gush of water. I couldn't believe ny water had broken!! My mom drove us to the hospital within 20 minutes. Then the contractions hit. Never have I experienced such pain! Luckily, the nurse ordered me an epidural within 20 minutes. They gave me petocin to help speed things along. I progressed from a 3 to a 9.5 working 7 hours. It was then discovered that the way she was placed, I would need a c-section. After giving me more drugs, they wheeled me in to surgery. 10 minutes later, she was born: Adeline Savvyanna Zontos. 7 pounds 13 oz and 20 inches long. Born at 2:08 PM on 3/2/2012. I didn't get to see her for two hours until I regained sensation in my body. More stories of the weekend to come.

No comments: