Due March 7, 2012
a GIRL!!

February 29, 2012

39 weeks

This past doctor's appointment put some changes in the birth of our baby. The pain I was experiencing was me having contractions, but unsuccessful contractions.. meaning they weren't progressing towards the birth of baby "Z". The doctor noticed that now baby "Z" is currently turned a quarter turn to the right.. she is still head down, but now facing my hip rather than my back. The doctor said that they will wait until I am dilated to a 10, then try to turn her with the vacuum. If that doesn't work, they will probably have to do a C-section. Technically, if I am getting a C-section, I would rather have it immediately rather than go through many hours of pain to try to progress to full dilation just to end up doing the C-section anyways. I asked the doctor if we could schedule me to be induced by next Monday. She said "the way the baby is currently positioned, I understand that you are in a lot of pain. Let's just say if you come to Labor and Delivery sometime over the next week because you can't take the pain, we won't turn you away and will induce you". I then said "I'm ready now.. but I will wait a few more days". The doctor just smiled and said "remember, the longer she stays in, the more developed she will be". My goal is to make it until Friday. I hope they don't turn me away!!! Now for my 39 week update. How far along? 39 weeks Total Weight Gain? 40 pounds. It must be from all those lemon desserts. Maternity Clothes? I have enjoyed not having to work since I am lounging in leggings and dresses. Stretch Marks? Discovered more on my thighs. EEK! But the doctor assures me the red/purple stretch marks go away. I sure hope so, because otherwise, I will be wearing swimming shorts rather than a normal bathing suit. Sleep? I get about 1 1/2 hours at a time. Best moment this week? Staying at my parents house to be able to have lunch with Dave and Jamie (and Annika) on Monday and then Lenessa (Maise Lou and Henry) on Tuesday. Miss anything? Being able to look over my shoulder when backing out my car. Food cravings: I think the lemon cravings are decreasing. That's good, because my weight should stop increasing. Anything making you sick? Believe it or not.. Ketchup. I LOVE ketchup but I saw some the other day and about lost my meal. Gender: Girl Labor signs: Yep, but no further dilation. Belly Button in or out? flat as a pancake. Wedding rings on or off? No rings Happy or Moody? Happy, but trying really hard to get comfortable. Everyone was not kidding when they said that the end of pregnancy is hard. It is uncomfortable to stand for too long but also to sit down longer than 15 minutes. Looking forward to: Maybe having the baby this week!

post signature

No comments: