Due March 7, 2012
a GIRL!!

November 25, 2011

Glucose test and Thanksgiving

The glucose test on Wednesday went by really fast! It must have been the low sugar levels that made me light headed and forget the concept of time. While I was there, I got my ear checked out. The right ear gets swollen every couple of months and it throbs for about 2 weeks. I figured since I had to sit for the glucose test for two hours I would see the doctor about y ear. It turns out I have a clogged pore. My lymph nodes are also swollen. So I am now on antibiotics for 10 days. Fun times!
The glucose test results came back on Wednesday night. The note simply said "Congratulations. You do not have gestational diabetes. Happy Thanksgiving!" That was such a relief, although I was not scared. MY blood reading had to be below 150 (not sure what the number means) and I was only at 100.
Thanksgiving yesterday was great. We came to my parents house. This year, everybody else went elsewhere (Rachel is in Georgia, Chris and Wendy went to Wendy's sister's house, etc). So it was my parents, Nick and I, and my grandma. Dinner was quite tasty. We then lazied around and read a Thanksgiving story then went for an evening walk. The day finished very happily since our friends Dave and Jamie's baby arrived a little after 9 PM. Annika and mother are in great condition. What a great Thanksgiving.

post signature

No comments: