Due March 7, 2012
a GIRL!!

February 1, 2012

35 week update

35 weeks. Holy cow!! (I look like a cow). Here is the weekly update. How far along? 35 weeks Total Weight Gain? I think I am leveling out. I would say about 40 pounds. Yikes. I've been told it's mainly in my stomach.. but I know it has definitely been in my butt and upper thighs. Maternity Clothes? My work pants are starting to separate (the belly band from the pants). I have to make them last since it looks like I will be needing to wear them when I go back to work in late May. Stretch Marks? On my hips and inner thighs. Sleep? Sleep? What's that? I thought I was supposed to only be losing sleep after the baby is born. Between getting up to go to the bathroom every hour and her kicking, I get about 4 hours of sleep (even though I am in bed at 8) Best moment this week? My baby shower last Saturday. It was filled with friends and family. It was great to see everyone and to receive wonderful gifts to celebrate baby Z. Miss anything? Lying on my back, being able to eat regularly, and turning over while sleeping without having it be a huge ordeal. Movement? She is definitely trying to maneuver, but is running out of space. I am a bit worried she isn't moving as rapidly, but I still feel her move (more like see her move) Food cravings: LEMON!!! Lemon poppyseed cake, lemon bars, lemon bundt cake, etc. Nick is so sweet and brings me home slices of lemon cake whenever they go to the store. So thoughtful. Anything making you sick? Steamed vegetables and potatoes. Also, watching TV specials on bbq. I about threw up watching "America's best BBQ events" on the Food Network. Gender: Girl Labor signs: Braxton-Hicks are still prominent, but there has been a couple of times where I have to stop dead in my tracks and do deep breathing because the pain is so intense. I believe those are real contractions.. where you can't breathe and any position you consider moving into is too painful to consider. Symptoms: Cramping, running out of breath quickly, random contractions, etc. Belly Button in or out? Still an innie, but bordering to being flat. It's funny that you can see the scar of where I had my belly button pierced for a short time. Wedding rings on or off? Even the Target ring is starting to get a bit tight. Happy or Moody? Happy, but today, I am overly upset!! Really upset about this maternity leave issue, but I am staying surprisingly calm externally. I hope I don't explode! Looking forward to: Coming up with a solution to care for baby Z when I have to return to work so early.

post signature

No comments: