Due March 7, 2012
a GIRL!!

January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year everyone! I forgot to do the 30 week update, so I will summarize by saying all is about the same as the 29 week update! I have been, however, experiencing Braxton Hicks at night time after a long day. I would compare the contraction in my stomach and lower abdomen to the tightness you get in your chest when you have an allergic reaction: tight and uncomfortable. She is now getting big enough that my lungs feel they have to work harder for me to take deep breaths when lying down.
The past week has been wonderful with my sister in town. It has been great seeing her everyday and doing.. anything. Even trips to Target have been fun. We also decorated the baby space! I will do another post with the wall painting change, the crib, and the crib sheets. Rachel had an awesome idea from the Pottery Barn Kids magazine and made it happen. Rachel truly is amazing!
For the New Year, not many resolutions were set. I couldn't set the standard resolution of "lose 15 pounds" since I can't start doing that until after baby arrives. I did set a year long goal to not only lose the baby weight, but also get down to the weight I was when I met Nick (I am really aiming high). If I gain 10 more pounds by when baby comes, I will have to lose 60 pounds by December. Hopefully, the first 30-40 will be a breeze with breast feeding and your body's natural weight loss after having a baby.
My only other resolution is to be a good mom and enjoy the time off I get to spend with her. When I go back to work in September, I know I will feel remorse for leaving her, but I will do my best to look back at the first 6 months as a success.

post signature

No comments: